The Nicholas G. Barsheff Memorial Fire Station
Fire Station 2: Located at 39460 Jefferson Avenue Station 2 is the headquarters station for the Harrison Township Fire Department. Station 2 is the location of the fire department administrative offices including the office of the Fire Chief. It houses an Engine, a Life-Support Unit, the Shift Commander’s Vehicle, a Utility Vehicle, and the Dive Rescue Vehicle.
Opened on April 4th 2005, Fire Station 2 is named after Retired Chief Nicholas Barsheff. Chief Barsheff began his career with the Harrison Township Fire Department as a volunteer Firefighter in 1948 and was promoted to Chief of Department in 1953. He served 37 years until his retirement in 1985.
Chief Barsheff is credited with the establishment of the Macomb County Fire Chief’s Multiple Alarm and Disaster Plan, which has served as a model for the nation’s fire service. In addition he was the first Chairman of the Macomb County EMS Committee and is considered a forerunner in the establishment of the Fire Based Advanced Life Support (Paramedic) System.